Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

New Bracelet Design

I have been wanting to try a bracelet base stitched on leather for some time now.  Finally got enough time between projects to start one.  It feels different than the stiff base that I am used to working on but is giving me the flexibility that I was looking for.

I got the carved center piece from Caravan beads recently and the smaller vintage stones from a favorite vintage dealer.  I had thought they were too small for earring but are just perfect for this bracelet.  The mirrored backing makes them really pop!  I encrusted the background with vintage gold seed beads using black thread for added dimension.  The lace edging around the center focal beads makes the bead seem to float a little.  I love the tiered base that resembles an urchin.  A mythical one!

Still figuring out which clasp to use.  But so far I am really happy with this prototype bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment