Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mermaids Tears And Stone Pendants

I just love looking at these...Each piece is Maine sea glass or a stone hand drilled and hand beaded.  Surrounded by color and enhanced with one crystal in coordinating colors.  Eventually these will become individual pendants but for now they are residing on my studio table as a piece of art.  My favorite beading project is to incorporate an organic piece into my work.  Something you might not give a second glance.  A stone, a piece of glass buffeted smooth by the waves of time and sand...An old tale of yore tells of mermaid tears in the guise of glass tossed upon the shores from the depths of the deep.  A romantic tale but it lends credence to the beauty of such things and makes them even more glamorous and desirable.  Beach glass hunting takes many hours of my time.  Walking in quiet splendor at the edge of the ocean scouring for a mermaids tears...

No comments:

Post a Comment