Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Old Projects

Yep, we all have them.  My studio is brimming with unfinished projects.  I know I've talked about it before and it's still happening.  Occasionally I'll pick one up and finish it.   The funs in the starting...and sometimes ideas just need a resting time before you can complete them.  I firmly believe each piece becomes what it is supposed to be.  And it's usually different than the initial idea...quite often in fact.

So, today while tidying up I noticed a small box with a half finished bird piece.  Birds are a powerful symbol to me.  All about flight and freedom.  I love incorporating them into my work when I can.  This brass vintage bird had been around for a while.  And today I decided to try and finish it.  It deserves to fly off to a new home.  and someone will love it.  

I've got the initial piece finished except for some trim around the edge.  I love the colors of brown and textures that make up the area around the bird.  And the little touch of blue gives it a little more interest.  

I promise to finish it soon and a few others as well in between some
new projects!  Take a look around your studio.  What's unfinished for you that you can work on?  You'd be surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment