Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Antler Necklace





I just love combining beads with something out of the ordinary.  This antler piece may be one of the most rewarding pieces I have ever done.  I used silver lined dark topaz seed beads (hundreds) individually hand stitched with freshwater pearls, turquoise, amber and garnets.  A little foiled glass face and a lone turquoise leaf complete the look.  I laced it up the sides with more garnets and put a little bit of peyote stitching along the bottom edge in small ruffles.  I have another antler so watch for another one of these coming soon.  So far I have about 6 hours of stitching in this piece alone.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you put the little face on this. Will I be seeing this one in person at the fair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, planning on bringing it but...I may be wearing it! I have another antler I might start tomorrow...I love it! Saw some for $200 and just knew I could do it myself. And I did!

    ReplyDelete