Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Inspiration

Sometimes it is the latest "thing" you acquire that inspires you.  This weekend we went on a weekend excursion to Freeport, Maine to visit "The Beadin Path".  They specialize in vintage materials including great little flowers and beads.  And recently I discovered an old tray cabinet full of lots of vintage cabochons.  This is one of my favorite places to visit for materials and inspiration.  I got lots of cool new beads and supplies.  One of the things I got while there was a round piece of hammered metal in varying shades of copper .  I paired it with some different colors and love the result.  The tiny daggers dangling from the bottom  were also bought there.

I also got a shipment of new cabochons that included the rectangular cab I used to make a little fetish necklace.  I just love the tiny green, purple and brown beads I used on this piece.  Each one is coated with a fine film of glitter that sparkles in the light.  Swarovski crystals and freshwater pearls encircle her neck. 


I also have a new monkey necklace almost done that should be posted soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment