Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Carnelian and Amber Necklace

Today finally feels and looks like spring!  Even though there is snow on the ground it should all be melted by the end of the week with the temps predicted.  Finally!  It seems like a very long winter with lots of great studio creating time.


I have been experimenting with edging, ruffles specifically.  This one lends itself to the soft edges and colors I used.  Two slightly mismatched carnelian cabochons buffer a vintage amber stone.  Periwinkle blue faceted glass beads help draw the blue further.  Strung with carnelian beads and a gold clasp.  I am crazy for this particular color of blue and find myself using it a lot lately.  But I really think it is the odd color of mustard brown seed beads that really draws it all together and makes the palette work!

No comments:

Post a Comment