Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Impossibility of Color

For me Inspiration comes in many forms.  It might start with a color, or a feeling....a flash of sight.  It all starts with something.  Sometimes it is as simple as a stone.  Then I gather materials that I think might work and start assembling the actual piece.  I usually end up using a few things and the piece always changes in mid creation.  The starting point is the most exciting journey for me.  I love creating beautiful pieces that are individual to each wearer.  I love best creating something that inspires me to move on to higher levels.

Color, and combining textures, can be difficult sometimes.  But if you can find the right color to join two differing one's together it can make all the difference in the world.  This piece fits right into that description.  The sparkle of the druzy was the initial draw.  I have had this actual piece for about 5 years.  It was one of the very first cabochons i ever bought. Then I started pulling out more sparkle, crystals and the like.  Two colors of seed beads, a vintage faceted piece of glass and off the journey went.



It sometimes feels a little like following the yellow brick road.  But if the journey did not wander thru some difficult places it would not be worth the trip.  As my friend, jenny, put it it is about the "infinite possibility of color".

No comments:

Post a Comment