Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

More Seaglass Inspiration

I have always had an endless fascination for the treasures the waves cast upon the shore in the form of sea glass. This past week I had the opportunity to walk the shores and look for more to add to my collection. It was a great haul with some red, pink, purple, an orange brown, aqua, cobalt and the usual frosty white.

 Digging thru my collection when I got home inspired me to try a few in a beading project. These pieces were probably from an old window pane and a glass jar of some kind. Embellished in corresponding colors of aqua, green, gold and more really made these pieces pop. I had originally intended this to be one piece. I tried a few configurations and then it became apparent that this needed to be 3 separate pieces. I am pretty happy with the individual feel of each one. I used a pale blue faceted stone for the stringing. Finished off with 14kt gold finish clasps. It makes me want to dig thru and come up with more possibilities!   #1 & #2 SOLD
From left to right...windowpane, old jar ?, windowpane with snippet of blue shard.

No comments:

Post a Comment