Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Maine Inspired Pieces

I have been giving a lot of thought towards a Maine Inspired Line of jewelry lately.  Today I actually sat down to work on three of them.  I want them to reflect our rocky Maine coasts and all of the beauty you find outdoors.  Especially here on Mount desert island. 

This first piece that I finished is completely different for me in several way.  It is plain and small!  I usually do larger, more elaborate pieces.  But I am really liking the monochromatic look of what I am doing in this particular series.  It reminds me of fog, surf, rocks, sandy beaches...you get the picture.

This piece is a hand drilled granite rock embellished with a freshwater pearl.  Matte black seed beads undulate with texture with 24kt gold seed beads peeking thru.  Strung with a simple magnetic wire choker and backed with black ultrasuede.  SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment