Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Thank You Charissa!


Today was a great day!  I had a private jewelry viewing this morning with numerous purchases.  I also happened to walk into my gallery to re-stock just as this woman asked to see some of my pieces in my case.  I stepped in to help her and had a great conversation.  She made me remember why I do what I do and my audience.  Yesterday a woman I met suggested that I contact Safari/Disney world to sell my animal necklaces.  It was, to paraphrase a friends reaction, strangely insulting.  If I made pieces and sent them all off to be sold to anonymous people I would miss the interaction of someone buying a personal piece that spoke to them.  I was so glad to have been able to be present for this customers purchase.  It made my day brighter.

She posed for a few pictures and we looked at almost everything before she selected a necklace (that I am going to re-string for her) and a pin.  Thank you for making me remember why I create the things that I do.  For that special person to see it, fall in love and ultimately want to add it to their jewelry collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment