Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Bronze and Pearls

This amazing pendant started with an amazing stone I got recently in an assortment package.  I love the muted colors with a small patch of sky blue.  I started the edging with an iridescent blue and then switched to smaller beads in bronze around the edge.  Then I remembered some freshwater pearls I got in an embellishment pack.  They were perfect for the edge and the pendant became vertical instead of horizontal after I put them on.  I wove some strands around and over the pearls melding them into the stone so the pendant appears to be a solid piece.  Yellow jade beads, freshwater pearls and glass seed beads incorporated into the strand it hangs from.  A handmade sterling silver  S clasp finishes off the pendant.Backed with pale grey ultrasuede.

No comments:

Post a Comment