Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

New Pendant and Finished Contest Piece

What a beautiful day we had here.  Lots of sun and outdoor activity.  I finished the Jade Dog project and am quite pleased with it.  I took some great pics and will post them all on May 16th when the official pics are all posted on Jade Dog facebook page. 

I started a pendant today with a mystery cabochon that I just love the color of.  It has a sort of mustardy yellow.  I enveloped it with a chocolate covered cherry brown and matte black seed and delica beads.  Then I tried some twig like fringe at the bottom with some cut faceted garnets that climb up one side of it.  I have not decided if I want to use some of the beads that I have picked out for a necklace or put it on a leather cord.  But I really love how it turned out.  I backed it with some green ultrasuede. 

2 comments:

  1. would love to learn how to do this kind of bead work friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely piece and to me has an old fashion romance to it. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete