Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Jade Dog and Update

Still working on the jade Dog challenge.  I will post pics in May when the other entrants are also posted so it will be a surprise!  It is coming along and I am trying my best to stick with only the beads from the kit and not add any (except the one that I have) to the overall piece.  I hope everyone likes it!!

This weekend we went to a few stores and I got a few new trinkets.  Some pretty green seed beads and some cute buttons that I am going to try to take the backs off of to incorporate into some pieces.  Also, last night, we went to bar harbor and stopped in at the Hemporium.  They have a huge selection of the cutest animal, food etc shaped beads.  I found some loons and puffins to make earrings for the tourists with.  And a cute pair of eyes to add to my morbid collection of bones, skulls and the like.  Some day they will all make a great piece just for me!

And...the best news is the Fire Mountain order came in and we got it all sorted out.  It now resides in my house in various drawers and shelves.  I have a lot of projects crammed into my head at the moment!  I just need a lot more time to create them all.  Happy May 1st to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment