Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Art Day With Amy







My friend Amy and I have been trying to get together to do some art. After several cancellations we finally had the opportunity (with a last minute change) to spend some time immersed in projects. Amy brought a box of "rocks" she had made last fall. They had a roku glaze on them and were formed with her hands. If you picked one up and moved it around it fit perfectly in your hand in the space that it was formed. I included a pic to show the vast variety of shapes and sizes they came in.

I showed her how to do a peyote stitch around so that some of them could be encased in a strip of beads and worn as a pendant. I think the seed bead color really reflects the natural look of the stone enhancing it rather than detracting from the simple beauty of the "rock". We had a really fun day!

I started the Tiger piece while we were sitting around and in 4 hours got two cab's enclosed and a start to the whole piece. It is shaping up nicely and I am rather happy with the direction it is taking. Stay tuned for more update pictures as it takes shape.


3 comments:

  1. Spectacular work! I haven't seen this type of jewelry ever and I want one now.
    Do you take individual orders? I would love a wide band bracelet with an eagle flying incorporated with sea and sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I will be on the lookout for a good eagle. We can talk about design when one is located. I will contact you personally to discuss! Thanks for admiring my work.

    ReplyDelete