Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Bib Necklace

Taking a break from the beaded baby series (again) to create a larger piece.  I have had a box of colors and cabochons all picked out for this project for a while.  Since I finally had a dark bead backing I decided to get going!  This necklace is going to be lush and dripping with lots and lots of beads.  So far I have stuck with the color scheme of gold, bronze, copper, rust and greens.  I have picked out carnelian, black onyx, amber, turquoise, peridot, jade and oodles of seed beads and delica's in varying coordinating shades for my palette.  I think that picking out the colors and materials for a project is the most fun! 

The first pieces I decided to start on are the curved pieces for the neck.  I have turquoise and amber chips, gold bugle beads, a carnelian cabochon and seed beads in cherry brown, gold and a mettallic green.  With coordinatin delicas in brown and yellow.  I added some frills on the ends of the bugles for texture.  I am hooked!  The vintage cabochon piece for the middle is going to be the crowning focal for this necklace.  It will be my largest project since the box I previously made (scroll down a bit to see it).

Also this weekend I got some great little wooden boxes (and more beads!) for future projects.  I already have a couple of ideas that I cannot wait to start on...always thinking!  Today is my first day of work.  It will cut into the actual beading time I have had...darn!  But a girl has to eat.  Also tonight I have an interview for the local newspaper.  I spent the morning cleaning up a bit.  The sun is out here finally and it is a beautiful morning.  Enjoy yours!  I will be organizing the kitchen at the bakery and getting ready for the season.

1 comment:

  1. The box is great, but I cannot wait to see the bib necklace. It is absolutely gorgeous now and it isn't even finished.

    ReplyDelete