Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Recovering!


Recovering and taking a "little" break from beading! It is a gorgeous sunday here in Maine. Maybe spring really has arrived...tell the snowbanks that still reside in my driveway that it is time to go. The show was lots of fun. I got to meet and talk with some great people while there. I also was invited to participate in the little pop up store that Christina Heiniger has on Main Street in Ellsworth for July. I am very excited and already have some ideas running thru my head for some great things to have there. I think it is going to be a busy and creative summer. I have a series of little fetish dolls in the back of my head. I started on the faces and here is a glimpse of them in their raw form before I start painting them. I am trying to figure out little details such as incorporating cloth into them. Definitely some hair textural features such as dreadlocks etc. So stay tuned for further updates as they evolve. For now they are silent and still...

1 comment:

  1. I like these, but like the one with the small smile the best. Tried any sun shapes or moon shapes?
    Your work is fabulous and you are going to go far and big with your talent and imagination. Keep working, exploring, experimenting and challenging the norm.

    ReplyDelete