Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Organization Day!

Yesterday I was thinking I had every color of seed bead that I might need...then I discovered an elusive brown was missing from my collection to finish a piece I was working on.  I tried them all but not the right color appeared.  Strange...maybe I need more!  So I awoke this morning determined to organize my bead collection a little bit more.  And think about the aspects that makes a working space/studio the right enviorment.  Certainly the first things that you might think of are...light (natural is always better than electric), a comfortable work table and the ability to be surrounded, without cats,  by your collective chaos for inspiration!  But there is so much more...So in true fashion I have started a list.  In the meantime I went thru and put all of the seed beads I had in bags, boxes etc into clear tubes to then display in my great new rack.  All of the seed beads are vertical and color organized now for easy access.  I discovered I did have the right shade of brown after all! 

8 comments:

  1. Where did you get that gorgeous rack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I second Webba's question -- Where did you get the rack??? I need something like that for my seed bead tubes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why isn't there an answer? That was over a year ago? This is exactly what all beaders need for storage and viewing of seed beads - is someone going to answer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this bead rack when The Beaded Path went out of business. They were in Freeport, Maine. Not sure where you can get one similar to it. It's a great way to organize and see them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a Beadsmith rack. I too got mine when a bead store went out of business. Haven't been able to find another one online. Not sure they are sold to the public.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And here we are back again... Does ANYONE know where to find this rack???

    ReplyDelete
  7. This rack seems to be as elusive as the fountain of youth. Everyone wants one but no one seems to make it. I see a great opportunity for some enterprising soul who can figure out how to bulk manufacture this storage unit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look like test tube holders. A friend does hers with these.

    ReplyDelete