Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Eclipse Pendant/Beaded Box



Finished this pretty little eclipse stone that I got this year at Gallery grand. I had a hard time choosing colors for this palate. Not my usualy but I eventually found a nice soft green and black to showcase it. I really like how the colors all work together! This pendant measures approx.

1 1/2" high by 1" wide. Retails for $35.


I also started a larger project after being inspired by a bead artist I admire on line. I painted an old box, that has a nice recessed top, in black. And then I picked out a few cabochons and just started letting the beads tell me where to go with it. I experimented a little with bugle beads and made a cute sort of fan edge on them. The colors are great. They remind me of oil on water. This will be the largest project I have beaded but good practice for that necklace that I have in the back of my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment